Google

Monday, September 05, 2005

In Memory of New Orleans

Some of you may wonder why am i posting photos of my Mardi Gras trip again...it is simply because I tink there wont be any Mardi Gras in the near future in New Orleans anymore...thanks to a Ms Katrina...a powerful hurricane that swept through Louisiana State.. tearing up the whole city of New Orleans..a place I had juz been to in Feb this year...and a place where I had great fun and memories...it was the place I had my first road trip in the US....

Been reading the reports on New Orleans these few days on channelnewsasia and basically in short the whole city is under water...and it will take years to get the city back on its feet... it is basically a disaster zone there now with the US media calling it the worst natural disaster in US history...cant believe it is the happening and fun place I have been to juz 6 mths ago...looking at the photos on the internet and the photos i have taken in Feb...I am finding it hard to accept it is the same place....

New Orleans is knowned world-wide for its Mardi Gras Festival where they party like no body's business throughout the few weeks right until Fat Tuesday when the Festival will end on a high...Guess the festival will not be there for quite a while...the once bustling city has become a ghost town..and they are pulling bodies out of the I 10 highway...which is the road that leads into New Orleans city...I was once driving on that highway....and it is the highway of death now...haiz..life is juz so unpredictable...

This has made me cherish every piece of souvenir that I got from New Orleans and Mardi Gras...the beads, the t shirts, keychains, mugs , soft toys etc....I also once drove along the Gulf of Mexico where the hurricane landed on the US...and even took some nice photos there...makes me wonder if I would still be on this world if I was there when the hurricane landed...

Well that's life...this post is dedicated to the city of New Orleans, the city of Jazz and Mardi Gras...hope the city recovers soon...and that you guys enjoy some of the photos of the once beautiful city of New Orleans that I have posted....