Google

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Exchange, something about gains and losses

Just had some free time last weekend to catch my breath after a hectic 3 mths in the US. Recalling the days before I came here and after my arrival. Suddenly felt that I had gained a lot of things through GIP but also lost a lot.

True enough it is a great experience, I made new friends and some great friends too. Esp my dinner buddies haha. Also been able to see the world, traveling is really fun and exciting, esp when traveling with your frenz and doing really wild things together. Makes all the money spent and hassle coming here worth it. The experience here is something that you can’t buy with money later in your life.

Now I know why it is called Student Exchange. You exchange some of the good times at home for some other good times overseas. 3 mths and I have lost contact with many of my friends. I can sense my relationship with some of my friends drifting further and further apart. Something that I expected since my departure from SG. Sitting down quietly in my room, I unwillingly recall the good times with my friends: Brotherhood sessions with Westlife, supper sessions with hx, my master and gang, tuition sessions @ SaDeaf and talking crap with my roommate.

Many events have also been missed. E.g: Sparks 2005, CNY, reunion dinner with my parents and Westlife. Seeing the photos of these events always make me think of all the things I had missed out…

Also feel guilty for leaving my parents in Spore. There are many things that I can’t do for them when I am here…IT repair man, Accounts assistant, typist, Electrician, Driver…….Being a son……Feel abit bu xiao for leaving home when there is so much to be done at home. Btw thanks to Hx for helping out my parents when I am not ard..really appreciate it…owe u one…

Just some thoughts:

-Cherish the things when you have them and not when you lose them.

-Never take for granted anything or anyone.

-珍惜眼前人

-家是最好的

I am fortunate I will be able to do all the above again in 2 mths time but I know that some things will never be the same again just because of this trip….

You win some, you lose some……..