Google

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cheap Labour or should I say free labour??

It is PAY DAY at coke today!!! my supervisor happily came into the office and distributed the eagerly awaited paychecks...I was hoping I would get 1 too..even if it was a pathetic 800RMB... perhaps I was hoping too much..As the last paycheck was handed out, there was no sign of any paycheck for the interns...sigh..free labour for coke for the past 1.5 mths..

Interns had a 2 mth NO-PAY probation at coke...haha wat rubbish...when did interns had a probation period..wat's more, even probation periods have pay....Other than the free lunch coke is providing me with..there is no welfare...Long working hours, ulu factory, no pay, no welfare...Does not give me any motivation to produce any good work for them..if not for my IA grade at stack, I would have given up long ago...

Cl, Kelvin and me complained at our usual resting spot this afternoon abt the poor welfare...As much as we could complain, work stil had to go on...afterall we had to depend on coke for our assessment and appraisal...

It was a rainy and gloomy day today and somehow it reflected all our mood and the gloomy lifestyle here... Mid of my work week already...halfway thru week 6...a 4-day work week definitely seems much faster..I suddenly smell home...juz a small sniff of the fresh air back home..this smell of home suddenly keeps my spirits higher...