Google

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Think before you speak

Just had a meeting/presentation for my project and I totally hate it...

firstly, only 30 min notice was given to me for the presentation..true..there were talks of a presentation b4 hand..but dun they even have the courtesy to arrange it maybe the day b4? ok i was like watever..anywae i already prepared for my presentation beforehand.

Den some ppl said things that were really annoying...Some1 asked me whether I knew how to do a particular thing and I said I dun noe becos it was in Chinese but I did something similar in English...after that the person said isen't it the same? den gave me a "how come u so stupid" look..fine i am stupid..but i really dunnoe how to do it..and i gave an honest answer..wat do u expect..this is not the first time this person used his wits to exert his authority on me..sometimes even commenting that I am stupid or idiot..i already ignored this kind of event many times but this time i was really irritated..

Just wan to say pls do not use your wits or intelligence to look down on people..ppl may not be as good as you but at least they deserve some respect...I dun know whether this is the way ppl communicate in this country but i certainly dun like it...i know the person did not mean it and he is actually a nice person but it juz did not feel good.

I just dun like the way the presentation went but I dun noe how to explain it...watever haha...quoting my fren's comment"wat you pay is wat you get"...it may sound materialistic..but it is certainly true to a certain extent...severely underpaid workers do not have the motivation to come up with brilliant pieces of work...