Google

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Antique Drama Fever

I have been handed a 40 episode drama from my parents and it is mainly about doing trading in antiques. Sounded like a boring drama to me at first but I admit I was totally wrong after watching the first episode. Based in the Liu Li Chang in Beijing just after the Last Emperor, it depicted how traders plotted against each other and explained the art of disguise and deception when doing business.

There are also love stories in the drama and also how the poor survived the hardship. The Chinese accent may prove to be a challenge for some but I loved it. Excellent pronouciation and the additon of poetry and idioms in their conversation made it really nice to watch.

I love it and I watched 5 epi at one go yesterday...definitely one of the highly recommended dramas.... that is if you appreciate Chinese well.... I can't sleep without watching it nowadays... Even watched it yesterday night although I was supposed to wake up at 6am the next day...

Oh btw....this is part of the "core arts modules" that I am currently taking from the Ong Family. My professors are Mr and Mrs Ong aka my parents. 40 VCD, 6 txtbks and more, tonnes of art pieces to analyse.... currently taking 6 arts modules of 4 AUs each....hope I can clear all....will go on an arts attachment soon in Beijing..haha...hope you guys know wat I am talking abt....

just for the record I am still a computer engineering undergrad...haha....